COVID-19: 34 out of 126 red zones turn orange in Delhi
A senior official of Delhi government said 34 out of Delhi’s total 126 containment zones turn orange from red as no new case has been reported in the past 21 days. If no new cases arise these zones can turn green. In march 126 localities of the national capital were declared as containment zones. However, over the past few weeks the authorities have decided to move 34 of these red zones to orange zone. Now the total number of active zones become 92.
“Our analysis of the containment zones implies that the focussed action taken by the administration in containment zones is paying off,” says the government official.
Containment zones are those zones where nobody is allowed to step outside even to buy essentials like groceries. All entry and exit points are sealed and only selected vendors are allowed to supply essentials with the help of civil defense volunteer and residents welfare association. These zones comprise of apartments, blocks, gated communities, streets, slums, and neighborhoods.
In these zones health workers carry out contact tracing to identify potential patients by conducting house to house surveys.
These newly turned orange zones include:
• AF Block Shalimar Bagh
• Gali No 3 Shalimar Village
• H No-62 B Block Gali No-4 Shastri Park
• A-97,98,99 Near Buland Masjid, Shastri Park
• E-51 Main Road and E-224 Gali No-8 Shastri Park
• T-606, Gali No-18 Gautampuri
• Block No XH No. 303/6 Gali No. 1 to H. No. 289 Gali No.3 Yadav Villa
• Sadar Bazar
• Nabi Karim
• Entire affected street near Gandhi Park
• Entire affected street of Gali No. 5, 6 & 7 L1 Sangam Vihar
• Affected area around H No A-176 Deoli Extension
• Shop No. J-4/49 Khirki Extension, Khirki Village
• Jain Mohalla Pandit Mohalla from Epic Centre 715 Chirag Delhi
• Boundary Start from B-4/200 and cover the whole locality till backside of Humayupur
• House No 859/20 L-II Sangam Vihar
• H No 153/B 4th floor Savitri Nagar
• Entire area affected at Gali no 2,3,& 4 of Deoli Extension
• H.NO F-258, campa cola Gali, Lado Sarai
• F-313, Near Shiva Mandir Lado Sarai & F-274, 2nd floor Lado Sarai
• Apartments in Samshi Talaab, Ward no 8 Mehrauli
• Jamila Masjid Baoli
• G, H AND I Block, Police Colony, Model Town
• Sanjay Enclave, Jahangirpuri
• H. No. 300 St No.-3 Krishna Puri Main Road Mandawali to H. No- 739/16 Gali. No.-3 Krishna Puri Mandawali
• H/2-98 C1 Bengali Colony, Mahavir
• Room No. 13, Plot 1294, Opp DC Office, Kapashera
• RZF-756/7, Gali No. 01 Band, Raj Nagar-II, Dwarka, New Delhi
• C-2/119 Block Janakpuri
• Nizamuddin West (G and D Block Areas)
• Complete area of Street/Gali No. 18 to 22 of Zakir Nagar & nearby area of Abu Bakar Masjid of Zakir Nagar
• H.No. 811 to 829 and 842 to 835 khadda Colony, Jaitpur Extn, Part II
• H.No. 1144 to 1134 & 618 to 623, Khadda Colony, Jaitpur Extn. Part-II
• Gali No. 16, Kachhi Colony, Madanpur Khadar Extn
• Mahela Mohalla, Madanpur Khadar
• H-Block, Near Umra Masjid, Abu Fazal Enclave.
• E-Block (House No. 48A to 84A), Abu Fazal Enclave.
• House No. 53 to 55 & 25, Shera Mohalla, Garhi, East of Kailash.
• House No. F-138 & F-139, Gali No.01 (Shiv Mandir Wali Gali) Harsh Vihar, Hari Nagar Extension
• E Pocket GTB Enclave
• F-70-90 Block Dilshad Colony
• Pratap Khand Jhilmil Colony
• Gali no. 3,4,5 East Ram Nagar, Shahdara
• Dayanand Vihar H.No.15 to 101
• Gali No 18, H. No 701/23 to 500/36 B, Vijay Park, Maujpur
If these zones do not report any new case, lakhs of people can resume their normal life.