Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821) was the Emperor of France from 1804 to 1814 and again temporarily in 1815. He is celebrated as one of the greatest generals and rulers in history. Napoleon paved the way for success.
Starting as a lieutenant, he used his military genius to take a position that no one had before him eventually. When Napoleon came to power, he sought to correct the damage done during the reign of terror.
In addition to winning the battle and building an empire, Bonaparte laid the foundations for modern French education and created a series of laws based on common sense and equality (known as the Napoleonic Code).
Napoleon was a very ambitious and intelligent man known for his multitasking skills. He even escaped exile while European nations formed a coalition in an attempt to defeat him. He took over the empire again for some time before losing the famous Battle of Waterloo.
Here are 20 Napoleon Bonaparte quotes to help you build a stronger character:
1) “Ability is nothing without opportunity.”
2) “Courage is like love; it must have hope for nourishment.”
3) “You become strong by defying defeat and by turning loss and failure into success.”
4) “Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.”
5) “Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.”
6) “There are only two forces that unite men – fear and interest.”
7) “If you want a thing done well, do it yourself.”
8) “Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go.”
9) “Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide.”
10) “Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.”
11) “Until you spread your wings, you’ll have no idea how far you can fly.”
12) “A leader is a dealer in hope.”
13) “Riches do not consist in the possession of treasures, but in the use made of them.”
14) “History is a set of lies agreed upon.”
15) “The fool has one great advantage over a man of sense; he is always satisfied with himself.”
16) “You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war.”
17) “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don’t have strength.”
18) “Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
19) “Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action comes, stop thinking and go in.”
20) “The only victories which leave no regret are those which are gained over ignorance.”