Sachin Tendulkar is also known as ‘The God of Cricket’ in India. Cricket got commercialised and glamourized but the excitement of watching ‘Master Blaster’ (Sachin Tendulkar) smash one ball after another never subsided. He holds the record of scoring 100 international centuries. Now we will share with you his memorable top 10 centuries.
1. Sachin’s first century against England in Old Trafford Manchester in 1990
Legend Sachin Tendulkar had made his debut at the age of 16. He stunned the entire cricket kingdom with this century. He played a cracking knock off 119 runs not out.
2. Sachin’s century in ODI against Australia at R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo in 1994
Sachin Tendulkar had hit his first one-day international century against Sri Lanka. He was also the man of the match in that particular match of the Singer World Series. He knocked 110 runs and led India to victory.
3. Sachin’s 118 against Pakistan in the 1995-96 Pepsi Sharjah Cup
The legend Tendulkar had scored 30 centuries away from home, out of which seven were from Sharjah Cricket Association Stadium UAE. This knock of 118 runs was incredible by Master Blaster in the 4th match of Pepsi Sharjah Cup.
4. Sachin’s 148 against Australia in 1997-98 Coco-Cola Cup at Sharjah
In this match, Indian fans had lost hopes but after Sachin came to bat, he wrecked the Australian cricket team’s bowling line-up. He smashed five sixes and nine fours which led India to victory and qualified to the finals.
5. Sachin’s 140 against Kenya in Bristol
It was the 1999 World Cup and the sudden news od Sachin’s dad passed away had created a lot of emotions. Three days after that tragic incident, he smashed 140 runs (not out) and raised the bat in the air to pay tribute to his father. In winning speech he said, “This one’s for you, dad”.
6. Sachin’s 248 against Bangladesh in Test cricket at Dhaka 2004
This was his highest individual test score. The match lasted four days along with India’s victory. His innings contained only 35 boundaries without a single six.
7. Sachin’s 175 against Australia at Hyderabad in 2009
In this innings, Sachin had knocked 19 fours and four sixes. With a little support from Suresh Raina, India managed to score 347 runs and missed the target of 351 runs.
8. Sachin’s 200* against South Africa at Gwalior in 2010
The legend Sachin Tendulkar was the first batsman to score a double century in an ODI cricket match. His knock of 200 runs (not out) led the Indian team to victory. He also had received the ‘Man of the Match’.
9. Sachin’s 100* against Kochi Tuskers at Mumbai in 2011 IPL season
This was his first century in the Indian Premier League (IPL). With this, he has hit centuries in all the formats of cricket.
10. Sachin’s 114 against Bangladesh at Mirpur in 2012
This century was the 100th century in his international career. Though Indian failed to win this match, Sachin created a world record.