Every year on July 1st, India commemorates National Doctors’ Day. The day commemorates the birth and death of Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy, who was the second chief minister of West Bengal also. The day honors doctors and healthcare workers who have put their lives on the line to help others.
History of National Doctor’s Day
The Indian Medical Association (IMA) initially commemorated National Doctor’s Day in India on July 1, 1991, to commemorate Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy’s birth and death.
On July 1, 1882, Dr. Roy was born. At the age of 80, he died on the same date in 1962. He was instrumental in the formation of the Indian Medical Council and the Indian Medical Association. On February 4, 1961, he was also awarded the title of Bharat Ratna.
Doctor’s Day Quotes
“The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease.” – Thomas Edison
“Medicines cure diseases, but only doctors can cure patients.” – Carl Jung
“Our profession is the only one which works unceasingly to annihilate itself.” – Martin H Fischer
“People pay the doctor for his trouble; for his kindness, they still remain in his debt.” – Seneca
“Only a Life Lived for Others Is a Life Worthwhile.” — Albert Einstein
“Always Remember the Privilege It Is To Be a Physician.” ― Daniel P Logan
Doctor’s Day Wishes
- With doctors bringing the joy of health and kindness into our lives, the world has become a better and healthier place to live. Happy Doctor’s Day, everyone!
- Thank you to the doctors for giving us the chance to live a healthy and risk-free life! They owe a great deal to our civilization. Happy Doctor’s Day, everyone!
- Only a doctor is endowed with the magical abilities to treat a life, restore health, and be there for us when we have lost all hope. Happy Doctors’ Day, everyone!
- A doctor is gifted with the ability to detect and treat human flaws. He is the only one who can offer us hope when we are on the verge of losing everything. Happy Doctors’ Day, everyone!
- You are more than a doctor; you are also a friend and a guide, thus I have a special request for you. Happy National Doctors’ Day, everyone!
- So many smiles can be attributed to a dentist like you. Thank you for instilling in others the courage to smile brightly. Happy Doctor’s Day!