Fondly recognized as Lalettan among his lovers, the actor is one of the most productive celebrities in the record of Indian cinema with his crucial practice in the Malayalam film industry. In his career over 40 years, Mohanlal has established a position for himself which is unprecedented and is going to persist so for the next few decades. As the fans commemorate the particular day of their favourite entertainer, we inaugurate Mohanlal in better ways:
1. Mohanlal entered on-screen in 1980 romantic film named Manjil Virinja Pookkal. His first film, nevertheless, was Thiranottam in 1978 and he was just 18 years old when he performed in it. The film could not be made public for 25 years because of censorship crises.
2. Before striding into the movie business, Mohanlal was a skilled wrestler and was having a prosperous run ‘on the field.’ In fact, after gaining the state wrestling championship in 1977-78, he was nominated for the National Championship in New Delhi but before he could contribute in that, he got a call for his first-ever cinema audition and everything transformed.
3. Mohanlal had accentuated in a Mani Ratnam movie named Iruvar which was Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s debut movie. After she became Miss World in 1994, Aishwarya accepted a film with her favourite director Mani Ratnam. The film was glorified and was a biopic on Tamil superstar MGR and Mohanlal played the central character. Iruvar achieved two National Film Awards.
4. Not many know that Mohanlal has attained black belt in Taekwondo. In 2012 the World Taekwondo Headquarters in South Korea appreciated the popular actor with a ‘black belt.’ He became the first South Indian celebrity to have obtained the appreciation and third Indian celebrity after Shah Rukh Khan and Lal Thanhawla to have got awarded.
5. Not just performance, Mohanlal’s dignity is commemorated across numerous businesses. In 2014, he developed a musical band called Lalison-The Lal Effect. The band even got the chance to perform at National Games of India in 2015.
6. The famous Malayalam actor had acted in 34 films in the year 1986 and out of these 34 films, 25 were announced a super-hit at the Box Office. In the ’80s, Mohanlal had around 170 film releases in 10 years. There was a period when his movies were released within every 15 days providing no rack for other stars to blow the screens. He became one man army of the entertainment industry.
7. The very first Malayalam film that was delivered as India’s authorized admission to Oscars had starred Mohanlal. The movie was Guru that had broadcasted in 1997.
8. The actor has earned a whole of four National Awards for his tribute to the films so far. Out of these, three are for his performance and one for creating a pertinent picture. In 1991 and 1994, He obtained the National Award for Best Actor for his accomplishments in Bharatham and Vanaprastham, respectively. In 2016, he attained a unique jury award for delivering Pulimurugan, Muntirivallikal Thalirkkumbol, and Janatha Garage.
Mohanlal is also the first Indian performer who has been awarded with the prestigious post of Lieutenant Colonel in the Army of India. Mohanlal is the highest-paid entertainer in the Malayalam movie industry and possesses an apartment in Dubai’s Burj Khalifa.