Anil Ambani presently serves as the chairman of the Reliance ADA Group, which includes Reliance Capital, Reliance Infrastructure, Reliance Power, and Reliance Communications. For his outstanding achievements in the world of business, he has received various medals and distinctions, including the ‘Best role model’ award from the ‘India Today’ magazine. Here are some of his amazing quotes.
1. Advertising is about norms and values, aspirations and prejudices. It is about culture.
2. The question is where are business ethics and morality, if one of the parties wants to dishonour a binding contract, just because in retrospect it realizes it could perhaps have got a better price!
3. I look at Reliance Capitals future with ‘great optimism’.
4. It is hope in this wider sense which enabled my father to build, from scratch, one of India’s largest modern enterprises. His was an undertaking powered by hard work, initiative, self-belief but, above all else, the capacity, as he would often say, to dream with your eyes wide open”.
5. If you look at the top 20 companies of the world, 19 of them are still brick-and-mortar companies. I have nothing against tech companies. What I am saying is that if you have a car manufacturer or an oil and gas manufacturer, you won’t get the supply over the Net.
6. It’s a history of sorts. We have become the first company to create this kind of wealth for our shareholders without floating an IPO (initial public offering).
7. I think you have to work with people, and when I talk about managing relationships, don’t think the derogatory ‘managed relationships’. It is a question of sharing emotions and feelings. The common denominator of everything can’t be money, and it should not be money.