Vikingulven is a Norwegian Netflix original film helmed by Stig Svendsen from a screenplay co-written by Svendsen and Espen Aukan. Furthermore, Filmkameratene A/S is the production company behind the movie. The producers are Ellen Alveberg and John M. The film is a story of a 17-year-old girl named Thale who ends up being a crucial witness after a murder of a student at a party she joins in. So when will Vikingulven arrive on Netflix? Here’s everything we know so far.
Vikingulven Release Date on Netflix
The film was released at the Ramaskrik Film Festival in October 2022 before dropping in theatres in Norway on Nov. 18, 2022. Now, Vikingulven will be available to stream on Netflix internationally on February 3rd, 2023.
Take a look at the complete cast list via IMDb below:
- Elli Rhiannon Müller Osborne as Thale Berg
- Liv Mjönes
- Arthur Hakalahti as William
- Sjur Vatne Brean as Jonas Larson
- Vidar Magnussen as Arthur Berg
- Kasper Antonsen as Vidar
- Marius Lien
- Øyvind Brandtzæg as Eilert Sundas
- Sverre Breivik as Torgersen
- Ívar Örn Sverrisson as Olav
- Silje Øksland Krohne as Elin Gran
- Mia Fosshaug Laubacher as Jenny Berg
- Jon Stensby as Harald
- Pål Anders Nordvi as Journalist
Where was Vikingulven filmed?
The shooting happened in Notodden, Norway during the winter of 2020, and came to an end by March 2nd, 2021.
According to IMDb, the official synopsis follows, “Thale (17) has just moved with her parents to a small town after her mother has a new job in the local police. After a student is killed brutally at a party Thale attends, she becomes a key witness. Was the killer an animal? A wolf?”