If you’re a fan of Bollywood, you’ve undoubtedly heard of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, one of the most popular actors in the business. But did you know that over the course of her career, she has been embroiled in a number of controversies?
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan controversies:
- of the most noteworthy ones occurred in 2002 during the Pepsi Controversy. When she learned that the soft drink included pesticides, Aishwarya, who served as the brand ambassador for it in India, declined to have her contract renewed. Fans were really upset over this and accused her of being a hypocrite who just cared about money.
- Her relationship with actor Salman Khan was a major source of controversy as well. She accused him of physically and emotionally assaulting her, which caused their difficult relationship—which was widely reported in the media—to worsen. As a result, there was a great deal of drama in the media, and many people chose sides and criticised Khan for his actions.
- Aishwarya became embroiled in another issue in 2009 when her security fought with paparazzi at the Mangalore Airport. She received a lot of flak for her poor bodyguard management and her harsh behaviour towards the photographers.
- Aishwarya has faced criticism even at the Cannes Film Festival. She received body shaming comments on social media in 2016 due to her weight increase, but others defended her right to appear however she pleased.
Top-grossing films starring Aishwarya Rai Bachchan:
One of the most well-known and successful actresses in Bollywood, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, must be known to Bollywood moviegoers. We’ll look at some of her highest-grossing films in this piece of entertainment news:
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan appeared in the action-thriller Dhoom 2 (2006), which was a huge box office hit and earned over 1.5 billion rupees. Alongside the principal actor, Hrithik Roshan, she portrayed a burglar in the film.
- Aishwarya portrayed the part of a Rajput princess opposite Hrithik Roshan as the Mughal emperor Akbar in the historical epic Jodhaa Akbar (2008). The movie received positive reviews and did well financially, earning over 1.1 billion rupees at the box office.
- In the 2016 love drama Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan costarred with Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma. The movie, which was helmed by Karan Johar, made over 2.2 billion rupees at the box office and was a critical and financial triumph.
- In the biographical drama Guru (2007), Aishwarya Rai Bachchan played the wife of a wealthy businessman who was portrayed by Abhishek Bachchan and whom she eventually wed. The movie received positive reviews and did well financially, earning over 600 million rupees.
- Fanney Khan (2018) Aishwarya portrayed a well-known singer in this musical comedy-drama. Despite the critical acclaim being mixed, the movie managed to earn over 2 billion rupees at the box office.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has endured controversy and criticism throughout her career, but she is still one of Bollywood’s most popular and famous actresses. She is now one of the most sought-after actresses in the business thanks to her talent, beauty, and acting prowess, which have won over fans all over the world. We eagerly anticipate what she has in store for us going forward.