On September 23, the MIT School of Government, Pune’s Indian Student Parliament will be inaugurated by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh. Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari will also take part in the inauguration ceremony.
11 Union Ministers, 10 Assembly Speakers, 40 MLAs, and 60 student speakers will take part in the 11th edition of the six-day Annual National Conclave for students with an interest in politics.
Youths from all parts of the country will be able to access it for the first time as the event will take place virtually. The topics to be discussed this year includes:
- Leadership Lessons: Nehru to Modi.
- Priorities After Pandemic: What Young India Wants.
- Saving the Environment: Too Much Talk, Too Little Action.
- Indian Economy: Beyond the Blame Game.
- Social Media: The Emerging Superpower’ and ‘International Relations: Reconciling with Neighbours.
The valedictory speeches will be given by Union Minister for Health, Mansukh Mandaviya and Maharashtra Leader of Opposition Devendra Fadnavis. Jharkhand Governor Ramesh Bias, Union Minister for Education Dharmendra Pradhan and former union minister M Veerappa Moily will also be included. 80,000+ political and social students from 450 universities in various states have taken part in the previous edition says the organisers.