Schools in New Delhi will reopen from September 1, 2021, onwards for Classes 9 to 12. The decision of reopening was taken by the Delhi Disaster Management Authority, because of the continuous decline in the covid-19 cases. The Delhi government said schools will be opened from next month in a phased manner.
For classes 6 to 8 school will reopen from September 8, 2021, onwards. An official SOP has been issued by DDMA for the reopening of schools from September 1.
Following Guidelines are Issued by DDMA for reopening of schools:
- A maximum of 50 per cent of students per classroom may be called for classes.
- Every Classroom will follow different timetables following Social Distancing.
- Between the Morning and Evening shifts, there will be a gap of one hour.
- Students are not allowed to share their food, books, and other Stationery items with each other.
- Lunch breaks should be held in open areas to avoid crowding.
- The seating arrangement should be made with a gap of one bench between students.
- Parents/guardians’ approval is must be required, if a parent doesn’t want to send his child they will not be forced.
- Students, teachers living in Covid containment zones are not to be allowed to come to schools.
- School Common area should be cleaned regularly. Thermal scanners, sanitisers, and masks, etc. are customary in school.
- All teachers and staff coming should be vaccinated.
- The distribution of ration and Vaccination part should be kept separate. Different entry and exit points will be made and civil defence staff will be bought into effective action.