The Mahindra Group commenced its operations in 1945 with the journey pivoting from the steel business, to expanding to 22 industries till 2020. Originally Muhammad & Mahindra, it was founded by brothers J. C. Mahindra and K. C. Mahindra, and Malik Ghulam Muhammad in Ludhiana, Punjab.
Here is a list of subsidiary companies of the Mahindra Group that is listed on Indian Exchanges i.e. National Stock Exchange (NSE) and BSE ltd.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Limited – Mahindra & Mahindra Limited is the flagship Company of the Mahindra Group. The company provides a range of products ranging from SUVs to commercial vehicles, tractors, two-wheelers, and construction equipment. With its presence in over 100 countries across the globe, it has
- Tech Mahindra – Tech Mahindra represents the technological arm of the conglomerate. It’s aim is to connect the world, through offering innovative and customer-centric information technology experiences, Blockchain, 5G, and Cybersecurity. It has recently partnered with RUAG International to enhance customer experience and faster time-to-market.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Limited – Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Limited (MMFSL) serves as the captive financier of the group. It has a network of over 1300 offices, serving customers in more than 3, 70,000 villages. It has assets under management (AUM) of over Rs. 81,000 crores. It further has subsidiary under its control like Mahindra Insurance Brokers Ltd. (MIBL), Mahindra Rural Housing Finance Ltd. (MRHFL), Mahindra Manulife Trustee Private Limited (MMTPL).
- Mahindra CIE Automotive Limited – Mahindra CIE Automotive Limited (MCAL) formerly Mahindra Forgings Limited is a multi-technology automotive components supplier. It is in the business of manufacture and supply of engine and chassis forged components for commercial and passenger vehicles such as crankshafts. The company is a subsidiary of the CIE Automotive group of Spain; an industrial group specialized in supplying components and subassemblies for the automotive market.
- Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Limited – Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Limited (MHRIL) is the Leisure and Hospitality arm of the Mahindra Group. Started in 1996, the company’s flagship ‘Club Mahindra Holidays’, today has a customer base of 220,000 members and 61+ resorts at exotic places in India and international locations.
- Mahindra Logistics Limited – Mahindra Logistics Limited is one of India’s largest 3PL solutions providers in the Indian logistics industry established in 2000. It is formed with a focus on Rural Transportation, operating in two business segments: Supply Chain Management (SCM) and corporate People Transport Solutions (PTS).
- Mahindra Lifespace Developers Limited – Mahindra Lifespace Developers Limited is established in 1994, as the real estate and infrastructure development business. The Company is committed to transforming India’s urban landscape through its residential developments under the ‘Mahindra Lifespaces’ and ‘Happinest’ brands and through its integrated cities and industrial clusters under the ‘Mahindra World City’ and ‘Origins by Mahindra World City’ brands. It has projects in Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR), Pune, Delhi NCR, Jaipur, Chennai & Bengaluru.
- Mahindra EPC – Mahindra EPC formerly known as EPC Irrigation Limited provides total solution for agriculture with a focus on micro-Irrigation, Pumps & inter-related requirements of fertigation & agronomic support. It has a subsidiary in the name, Mahindra Top Greenhouses Private Limited.
Though Mahindra Electric Mobility Limited is not at the moment listed on the exchange, an offer for sale is likely with the Government pushing the EV industry. The company designs, develops, and manufactures electric powertrains, motor controllers, systems integration, and electric vehicles. It has the city smart hatchback e2oPlus, the electric sedan eVerito and the electric commercial vehicle eSupro (passenger and cargo) currently in the market.
The Mahindra Group boasts of employing more than 250,000 employees overall in it’s 150 companies. It is planning to sell stake in over 10 loss-making units. Anand Mahindra, the Chairman of the group with net worth of $1.8 Billion is an alumnus of Harvard University. In 1996, he had established Nanhi Kali, a non-government organisation that supports education for underprivileged girls in India.
Proud to share that we have re-emerged as a leader in the @SPGlobal Dow Jones Sustainability Indices 2020 for the 6th consecutive year reflecting our commitment towards driving #Sustainability agenda across ESG principles
— Tech Mahindra (@tech_mahindra) November 19, 2020
A tweet from a month ago, but worth sharing as we renew our ambition to build new cities… https://t.co/FafhaOuf3N
— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) November 18, 2020