A fire broke out at Malviya Nagar area in fintech unicorn BharatPe’s warehouse in Delhi last night. The cause of the fire was reportedly an electrical short-circuit, which damaged swipe machines, soundboxes and other company material worth Rs 50 lakh.
A company spokesperson said, “ An unfortunate incident occurred at BharatPe’s warehouse last night.The incident was reported to the authorities, and emergency services responded promptly to ensure the safety of the surrounding areas.”
She further added that, “The affected warehouse primarily stored faulty or discarded devices. Our preliminary estimates indicate a loss of under Rs 50 lakhs. We are in touch with the authorities and are working diligently to assess the situation thoroughly.”
More updates on this incident are yet to come.