Covina, Sept. 14, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Introduction:
Ophthalmology is a branch of medical sciences which help in studying different technologies and processes to treat various eye-related disorders. There are number of institutes who provide advanced diplomatic courses in Ophthalmology Technology to train and qualify professionals assist with ophthalmologists.
Growing geriatric population across globe coupled with age-associated ophthalmic disorders such as hyperopia, myopia, presbyopia and cataract have provided lucrative opportunities in target market growth. Further, growing awareness among people regarding ophthalmic disorder and advancement in ophthalmology equipment is expected to fruitful the demand for Advanced Ophthalmology Technologies Market growth.
Browse in-depth TOC on Advanced Ophthalmology Technologies Market:
- FORMAT: PDF
- NO OF PAGES:168
- BASE YEAR:2020
Key Highlights in Advanced Ophthalmology Technologies Market:
- In July 2023, EyeCare Partners (ECP) launched new ACOF (Advanced Comprehensive Ophthalmology Fellowship) to enhance the training & expertise of ophthalmologists and also to increase quality-based eye care for an individual. The one year program of ACOF provides comprehensive training for residential graduates in latest advancement in ophthalmology technology, surgical procedures, diagnostic and therapeutic techniques and clinical research.
Get a sample copy of this report:
|Advanced Ophthalmology Technologies Market (2022)||6.2Bn|
|Advanced Ophthalmology Technologies Market Projected Value (2032)||12.4Bn|
|Advanced Ophthalmology Technologies Market CAGR (2022 – 2032)||7.3%|
Download PDF Brochure:
Prominent Players in Advanced ophthalmology technologies market:
- Abbott Medical Optics
- Alimera Sciences
- Teva Pharmaceutical
- Bausch Lomb
- Eyetech Pharmaceuticals
- Refocus Group
What are the key drivers of growth in the advanced ophthalmology technologies market?
The advanced ophthalmology technologies market is experiencing growth due to several key drivers:
- Aging Population: As the global population ages, there is an increased prevalence of age-related eye conditions such as cataracts, macular degeneration, and glaucoma. This demographic shift is driving the demand for advanced ophthalmic technologies to diagnose and treat these conditions.
- Technological Advancements: Ophthalmology has seen significant technological advancements in recent years. Innovations like laser-assisted surgeries, advanced imaging systems (e.g., OCT and fundus cameras), and artificial intelligence for diagnostics are improving the precision and efficacy of eye care.
- Rising Eye Disorders: The prevalence of eye disorders and conditions, including myopia (nearsightedness), diabetic retinopathy, and dry eye syndrome, is increasing globally. This drives the need for better diagnostic tools and treatment options.
How does reimbursement play a role in the adoption of advanced ophthalmology technologies?
Reimbursement plays a crucial role in the adoption of advanced ophthalmology technologies as it directly impacts the accessibility and affordability of these technologies for patients and healthcare providers. Here are several ways in which reimbursement influences the adoption of advanced ophthalmology technologies:
- Cost of Procedures: Advanced ophthalmology technologies often come with a significant cost, especially procedures such as laser eye surgeries (e.g., LASIK), cataract surgeries with premium intraocular lenses, and advanced diagnostic tests like optical coherence tomography (OCT). Reimbursement can help mitigate the financial burden on patients, making these procedures more accessible.
- Patient Access: Adequate reimbursement ensures that a broader range of patients can access advanced eye care technologies. Without reimbursement support, only those who can afford to pay out-of-pocket may benefit from these technologies, leading to disparities in care.
- Encouraging Physician Adoption: Healthcare providers are more likely to adopt advanced technologies when they can receive reimbursement for using them. Reimbursement assures doctors that their investment in training and equipment will be financially viable.
Improved and well advanced healthcare facilities across globe coupled with advanced technological medical devices has become major contribution in market growth. New launched advanced ophthalmology technologies such as advanced Optical Coherence Tomography in developed countries is expected to drive the Advanced Ophthalmology Technologies Market growth over the forecast period.
The advanced ophthalmology technologies market has experienced robust growth due to rising eye disorder prevalence, continual technological advancements, increased healthcare spending, growing patient awareness, and the integration of telemedicine, making eye care more accessible and effective.
Unlock Your Potential: Requesting Customization:
Please Find Below Some Related Reports:
Follow us on:
LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook |YouTube
Disclaimer: The above press release comes to you under an arrangement with GlobeNewswire. Business Upturn takes no editorial responsibility for the same.