The Government of India now allows you to Renew your driving license online. You no longer need to visit the RTO office, for the renewal of your driving license. You can renew your driving license through an online portal that offers all the driving license-related services from applying for a new learner’s driving license to renewing your current driving license
Through an Aadhar eKYC, you can save the efforts of filling in the details in the form. By following the below guide you can get to know about how online renewal takes place.
Renew your driving license online:
- You have to go to the official website of the Parivahan board https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/.
- Select “Apply Online” on the left side of the menu.
- Click on “Driving license Related Services”.
- Select the State from where you are going to take the service.
- Now, You will be redirected to a new page.
- Click on apply online and then select Services on Driving License.
- You will receive instructions on how to fill in your application form. Read them thoroughly before proceeding. Click ‘Next’ when you’re done reading.
- Enter your birth date and current license number, Pincode, and other details correctly.
- You will now come across “Required Services” which will display only those services which apply to your existing driving license. You must select “Renewal” from the given options.
- In the given form, you will be required to fill in any other relevant personal and/or vehicle-related details.
- Upload your photo and signature. Remember, this feature is only available for certain states.
- If there are changes in your medical certificate, You need to book a slot for your test.
- Once you follow all these steps, you will be redirected to an Acknowledgement page where you will be able to view your application ID (It is recommended that you print it). An SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number with all the details.
- The amount payable for renewing the Driving License is Rs 200. Make the payment via net banking/debit or credit card.
We hope this helped you to apply for renewing your driving license.